The Wayne Highlands School District has been undergoing a major renovation throughout the summer of 2015. The capital project includes renovation of the Honesdale Senior High School administrative office, main entrance/corridor, library, music suite, and secure vestibules. The timeline for the project included having all areas, except for the music suite, completed in time for the start of school, which was scheduled for August 31, 2015. On a daily basis the project has been evaluated, monitoring progress towards completion. It was believed until this week's evaluation of the progress, that the project would be completed as planned enabling the District to be able to begin the 2015-2016 school year on time. Unfortunately, at this late date it has been determined that due to renovation delays, the project has not progressed to the point whereby the 2015-2016 school year can begin as scheduled. The importance of beginning the school year as effectively as possible cannot be understated, without priority remaining on doing what is in the best interest of our students. As a result of all of the above, the start of school will be delayed. The 2015-2016 school year will now officially begin on Tuesday, September 8, 2015.
ATTENTION PARENTS AND STUDENTS of Honesdale Senior High School. All students at Honesdale High School will receive their very own iPad, as part of our 1:1 program. Students will be able to have access to their device 24/7 during the school year, and receive text books, and more on their device. With that said, we will be sponsoring iPad Hand Out Nights! Parents and Students are urged to attend the Hand Out Nights, to complete paperwork and pick up your device.
Distribution of iPads will be as follows:
* Sophomores - Wednesday, August 26 at 6:00 p.m. (WHMS Gym)
* Freshmen - Thursday, August 27 at 5:30 p.m. (Freshmen Tailgate)
* Juniors - Will receive their devices in class on the first day of school.
* Seniors - Will receive paperwork on the first day of school, and be given their devices when their paperwork is returned to school. (Second Day of School).
If you have any questions, or concerns, please contact our Office of Information Technology at 570-253-1950.
You can monitor your child's lunch account by logging onto www.myschoolaccount.com. Click on create an account, and follow the instructions. You will need your child's student ID number, which can be obtained from their report card.
1) Click on the Parent Tab above and select SIS Parent Portal
2) Either view Tutorial or download and read .pdf document on applying for an account
3) You will receive an email that your application was received.
4) You will receive a verification email when your application is approved